Contractors Business Tips to Get You Started
Once your exam is passed, your bonding is in place, and your license number is issued, what next? Here are some important contractors business tips compiled from numerous sources to keep in mind when starting your new business. Each State Contractor Licensing Board has laws that should be reviewed for changes and updates on laws on Contractor Requirements. Go to the following websites for Nevada, California and Arizona Contractor License requirements.
Nevada: Nevada State Contractors Board
California: Contractors State License Board
Arizona: Arizona Registrar of Contractors
Contractors Business Tips: Follow These Steps
- Enlist the services of required professionals, (legal, accounting, insurance, etc)
- Research and obtain general liability and other required insurance. Contractors Exam Center can assist you with this step.
- Obtain required state, city, and county licenses.
- Finalize your Business Plan. A great resource is SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) https://www.score.org/ , Small Business Administration https://www.sba.gov/ and Minority Business Enterprise http://www.mwbe-enterprises.com/mbe/.
- Research sources for financing.
- Hire necessary employees.
- Secure Workers Compensation For quotes: http://contractorsexam.com/contact-us/
- Obtain pre approval for contract bonding, for more information: http://contractorsexam.com/bonding-services-arizona-nevada/
- Print Business Cards, great deals can be found at: http://www.vistaprint.com/?couponAutoload=1&GP=7%2f25%2f2016+4%3a32%3a59+PM&GPS=4021502237&GNF=0.
- Order tools and Equipment.
- Prepare Contracts .
- Check to ensure licenses or persons with whom you contract are active and valid.
- Be sure that the contract is within the scope of work/license classification. If any additional licenses are required we offer exam prep and possible exam waivers, contact us at: Contact Us – Contractors Exam Center – Arizona and Nevada Contractor’s License.
- If it is not in your contract, it doesn’t exist. Make sure all change orders are in writing and signed by all parties.
- Make sure your license number is on all business advertisements, vehicles, business cards, letterhead, website, and any other place your business name appears in public.
- If your address or other pertinent information about your business changes, notify your state Board immediately.
Bonding Insurance Evaluation
Please call and check with one of our experienced license agents for your bonding and insurance needs Contractors License Center has a new instant quote page, Contact Us – Contractors Exam Center – Arizona and Nevada Contractor’s License.